“Aboot” me… On Canadians Down Under, I write about living in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa. This includes things like getting your working holiday visa approved, which visa is right for you, and how to get ready to move abroad. Anything under “Before You Go” is designed to help you get yourself down under.
I also write about what to do in Australia. So, you’ll find things like where to find camping in the Blue mountains or wine touring the Yarra Valley. These posts are being written as I travel, so you might notice different categories appearing under Travel Australia, depending on where I’ve been.
More than that, I write about life on the road. Currently, we’ve been living in the 1998 Mitsubishi Express that we bought in Sydney.
This blog is for anyone else who is travelling Australia or thinking about moving on a Working Holiday Visa. I want to help you find your way. I want to make the transition easier for you. I want to answer any questions that you might have. Most importantly, I want to inspire you! Working holiday visas are available for so many countries around the world and are a great opportunity to spend a lot of time somewhere.
Australia is so big that you need a year to even have a shot at seeing it all! But also, something has always caught my attention when thinking about Australia. Maybe it’s the promise of sun, coming from Edmonton, Alberta where we are sun deprived. Maybe it was the promise of wearing dresses every day. I can’t say for sure. But ever since I first heard about working holiday visas mid-way through university, I have been consumed by interest.
When I’m not working on my blogs (www.AdventuresofArielle.com is my general travel blog), you’ll find me taking long walks, awkwardly dancing along to any catchy song I hear, and poorly performing “Ice Ice Baby” at karaoke. But you’ll probably also find me planning my next trip. I’m thinking New Zealand.
8 Things About Me:
- I’ve been promising myself for 8 years that I would do a working holiday visa. But I kept putting it off because of time or money. But in mid-2018, I realized that I would be turning 28 and at the time the visa was only available until aged 30. This meant I was about to age out. So, I put the pressure on to get here. I told my partner that I had to go and luckily he decided he would join me. Since then, the age has changed for Canadians and turns out, I have until I was 35 years old. Oh well, this time was the perfect time.
- After I finished my degree (Bachelor of Arts, Honours Psychology), I did a two-month internship in New York City. So, this isn’t my first time moving abroad in search of a good experience.
- I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I miss my cats so much! But I know my parents are taking good care of them.
- I love fashion but lately haven’t been able to keep up. The whole living in a van in Australia thing…
- One of my biggest personal struggles with being in Australia is missing out on other travels. I tell ya, my brain is designed to think about travel. I’m always thinking about where I’m off to next. Currently debating going to New Zealand.
- I love anything Harry Potter. Please feel free to send me Harry Potter related memes. Or cat memes. I love a good cat video.
- My feet are a size 7 but for some reason in high school I always insisted on buying size 9s. I don’t know why I wanted big feet.
Enough about me, let’s talk about you! Are you in Australia on a working holiday visa? Are you thinking about applying for a working holiday visa? What’s stopping you? Why Australia? What do you need help with? What do you want more information on? What’s your favourite pizza? I want to get to know you!
Drop me a line,